Robert Godwin has been covering the non-profit scene in Austin from the time of blue jeans and backyard barbeques to the black-tie galas of today. With over 20,000 events recorded by word and photo, Godwin leads the leagues in rubber chicken consumption. As a constant witness to the power of publicity, he now seeks to enlist a legion of assistants by sharing his knowledge of the publicity process.
Cattle Baron’s Ball Set for August 29th (American Cancer Society)
Funds Raised at Cattle Baron’s Ball of Austin Will Help the American Cancer Society Serve More Central Texas Cancer Patients
WHAT: The American Cancer Society 21st Anniversary Cattle Baron’s Ball of Austin will include live music, gourmet southern cuisine and cocktails, fabulous live and silent auction items, and uniquely Texas activities and games. Country music singer and Texas’ own Lee Roy Parnell will be rocking the stage as this year’s headline entertainment.
WHEN: Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 7 p.m.
WHERE: JW Marriott, located at 110 East 2nd Street
During the live auction, there will be a special bid called the “restricted gift ask” where all of the funds donated during that paddle raise go to a specific cause of the American Cancer Society. This year’s Cattle Baron’s Ball committee chose ACS programs and services.
- 24/7 Hotline: American Cancer Society National Cancer Information Center (NCIC): located in Austin, provides free information and support every minute of every day to constituents who visit cancer.org or call 1-800-227-2345;
- Lodging: the American Cancer Society partners with local hotels across the country to provide rooms for cancer patients and their caregivers traveling for treatment.
- Transportation: The American Cancer Society Road To Recovery® program provides free rides to cancer patients to and from treatments and cancer-related appointments. Trained volunteer drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help patients get to the treatments they need.
- Side Effects: Look Good Feel Better® workshops help women with cancer manage the appearance-related side effects of treatment. Trained volunteer beauty professionals teach simple techniques on skin care, makeup, and nail care, and give practical tips on hair loss, wigs, and head coverings.
BACKGROUND: In Austin, the American Cancer Society currently funds eight researchers at The University of Texas at Austin, with a total investment of more than $3.7 million. Statewide, the Society funds nearly $36 million in research, including $11.5 million at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Beyond research, the American Cancer Society also provides free programs and services to cancer patients and their caregivers. Last year in Central Texas, cancer patients received more than 8,600 free services from the American Cancer Society, ranging from information and support to much-needed transportation to and from treatment.
For more information and tickets, please visit: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Gala/GalaFY10HighPlains?pg=entry&fr_id=69755#.Vdc_9q3bLug
Calendar of Events
- Celebration of Art FUN-Raiser
Art for the People 1711 S 1st Street Austin TX 78704 Friday, March 24, 6:30pm – Monday, March 27, 2017, 9pm Celebration of Art FUN-Raiser! Friday, March 24th (6:30-9:00p) Art of Celebration Group Exhi…
- MotoAmerica Livery Reveals presented by Treaty Oak
Container Bar 90 Rainey St, Austin, Texas 78701 Monday, March 27, 2017, 6:30 – 8:30pm The 2017 MotoAmerica off-season mystery will come to a climatic end at this time with the revealing of several tea…
- Parkside Projects’ Beverage Series: Amari Class
Olive & June, 3411 Glenview Ave, Austin, TX 78703 Monday, March 27, 2017, 6:30 – 10pm Join Parkside Projects at Olive & June for the 2nd installment of its Beverage Class Series – Amari Class,…
- Ella Goes to Round Top
Hotel Ella1900 Rio Grande StAustin, TX 78705 Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 9:30am – 10:30pm Hotel Ella and Texas Monthly are offering guided day trip packages to the 49th Annual Spring Antique Fair in Roun…
- Two Guys on Your Head: Are We Conscious Automata?
Cactus Cafe2247 Guadalupe St, Austin, Texas 78712 Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 6 – 8pm In this exciting collaboration, the Ney teams up with KUT Radio to present Two Guys On Your Head, Dr. Art Markman and…